Francis J. Merkel
Francis J. Merkel, CPA
Francis J. Merkel, CPA is a Partner at MMQ. With more than 40 years in public accounting, Frank applies his years of experience as an advisor in accounting and tax services to a wide variety of clients including financial institutions, not-for-profits, automobile dealerships, and small businesses. Frank also provides consulting services, primarily in the area of internal audit outsourcing, as well as business and tax planning for the acquisition or sales of businesses.
B.S. Accounting, 1970, University of Scranton
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania and Florida
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Scranton Counseling Center, Board Member and Former Chair
- Chair of Community Support Group Foundation
Frank resides in Jessup, Pennsylvania with his wife Beverly. They have three children and two grandchildren. He enjoys travel, time with his family, and classic cars.