(570) 961-0345 x223
McGrail Merkel Quinn
& Associates, P.C.
Clay Avenue Professional Plaza
1173 Clay Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510
Joseph J. Quinn, CPA/ABV, CVA
Firm Position and Specialties
Joseph J. Quinn, CPA is a Partner at MMQ and has more than 40 years of experience in the public accounting field. He provides accounting and tax services to closely held businesses and is a trusted business advisor for general business matters and tax planning for many clients. His industry specialization's include construction, manufacturing, auto dealerships and retail. He is certified in providing business valuation services, which assist clients in matters such as business succession planning, estate planning, litigation, and in connection with the acquisition or sale of closely held businesses. He also has extensive knowledge and experience regarding accounting and financial reporting matters of the not-for-profit industry.
A.A. Business Administration, 1970, Keystone College
B.S. Business Administration, 1972, Bloomsburg State College
M.B.A. University of Scranton, 1976
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- AICPA Business Valuation Forensic and Litigation Services Section Member
- Keystone College, Board Member and Treasurer
- Red Cross, Scranton Chapter, Board Member and Treasurer
Joe resides in Moosic, Pennsylvania with his wife Kathy. They have two children and three grandchildren. Joe enjoys golfing, reading and travel.