(570) 961-0345 x222
McGrail Merkel Quinn
& Associates, P.C.
Clay Avenue Professional Plaza
1173 Clay Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510
Francis J. Merkel, CPA
Firm Position and Specialties
Francis J. Merkel, CPA is a Partner at MMQ. With 40 years in public accounting, Frank applies his years of experience as an advisor in audit, accounting and tax services to a wide variety of clients including financial institutions, not-for-profits, automobile dealerships, and small businesses. Frank also provides consulting services, primarily in the area of internal audit outsourcing, as well as business and tax planning for the acquisition or sales of businesses.
B.S. Accounting, 1970, University of Scranton
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania, New York and Florida
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Former member of the PICPA Peer Review Committee
- Former member of the PICPA Ethics Committee
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Former PICPA Chapter President
- Scranton Counseling Center, Board Member and Former Chair
- Former trustee an chair of the PICPA Insurance Trust
- Chair of Community Support Group Foundation
Frank resides in Jessup, Pennsylvania with his wife Beverly. They have three children and two grandchildren. He enjoys travel, time with his family, and classic cars.